Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Blue and Yellow Singlet

Today, I signed up for CabanaTakbuhan. I thought there would be no CabanaTakbuhan this year because I didn’t hear anything about it nor did see any ad on FB. I even thought I would not be able to complete my 12 singlets because there was no scheduled fun run for February. 

I was glad though when my friend Dave called to tell me there was a booth for CabanaTakbuhan in front of the College of Engineering. I hurriedly went to the booth. There, I met Arnel and few other members of the organizing committee (I forgot their names but I sure remember their faces for I saw them in Kapitan Pepe Fun Run). 

When Arnel asked me what category I wished to join, I was quick to pick 5k. Although I was itching to switch to 10k, I thought I should practice more before I could confidently say I’m ready for it. 

As soon as I finished signing up, I showed my race kit to my friends and students. I encouraged them to join as well. Some were very excited for me. Some were surprised to know I could run that far. While others were encouraged to start running for it’s the fastest and healthiest way of losing weight. I realized my weight loss was now more evident. Like I said in my previous entry, it wasn’t really my main goal. Losing weight was just a bonus. Still, I felt happy that have become an inspiration to the people around me.