Monday, June 4, 2012

Look who's back on track!!!


After seven days of nursing my right knee I am finally back on track. Yay! I missed running so bad. Mind you it was only one week of skipping my training and yet it felt so looooong.

I am more careful this time though. Although the pain was gone three days ago, I cannot afford to aggravate my knees. After all I am determined to run for as long as I can and that entails taking good care of my body.

Today, I started my training with a five-minute brisk walk which gradually became an easy run. I kept the same pace for 20 minutes. From time to time I would listen to my body. I had to make sure I didn’t feel the slightest pain. At first I thought I should keep my run short but when I didn’t feel any discomfort at all I decided to go on. After reaching the 2km marker, I turned around. I thought I shouldn’t go longer than 5k today.

Along the route I passed by fellow runners and bikers. I was glad a number of my neighbors started running lately. Gee, we could start a running community in the area!