Friday, January 13, 2012

First Pitfall

After my training today, I realized that my knees and legs hurt badly. Although I have high threshold in pain, what I felt today was just too much. I must have been very hard on myself for the past few days. I thought running 10k was not a good idea for now. Maybe I wasn’t ready for it yet. 

As soon as I got home, I immediately sent the Sir Arnie a message asking the possibility of transferring to 5k category. I was glad he allowed me. I thought forcing myself to finish 10k would not only harm me but might lead me to quit running. 

At this point, I don’t see myself quit running. Like I said in my previous entry, running has become a personal thing to me. My day is not complete without a 5k-8k run. I guess I just have to train some more before my body is ready for longer runs. Although my brain tells my body it could go farther, I just can’t afford to get injured. Not for now, especially that my first fun run is in two days.

I’ll skip my training tomorrow. I should rest and allow my sore muscles to heal and recover.